Saturday 8 March 2014

Hummus, with All American Hot Sauce 2014

Hummus is such an easy and healthy snack to make.  The best part about it, in my opinion, is how easy it is to manipulate with flavor.  By manipulate, I’m talking about adding any number of ingredients to make new styles of hummus.  I have used Smoke Roasted Garlic,  truffle oil, and now All American Hot Sauce.  Any time my wife or I have a party or pot luck we like to incorporate Sanford’s Kitchen products.  We had  an appetizer party and wanted to show off our hot sauce in a less pushy way (most of the time we just pop a jar of Just Chillin’ Salsa and call it a day).  This is what we came up with.
Ingredients:
2 Cans of Garbanzo Beans/chickpeas
1/2c Olive Oil
1TBL Lemon Juice
1/2 Jar All American Hot Sauce
1/2TBL Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a food processor, processes all the ingredients until smooth.  If you want to add more heat use a whole jar of hot sauce.  As you can tell, I didn’t use Tahini in this recipe.  I love to serve hummus with pita bread, just rip off chunks, dip it, and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Customized by Tricks Zone |Get This Template